10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks ( 55% for SC/ST ) in aggregate of any three of the subjects Physics, Chemistry Mathematics and Biology .
Mode of Admission:
Admission will be made Through Entrance Test conducted by Thapar University, Patiala.
No. of Seats in each discipline: 30 (Gen-21, SC/ST-8, PH-1)+ 5 FN/NRI seats. Refer section 16 for eligibility & other conditions.
In addition to above seats, 1% over and above seats are reserved for children of employees of Thapar University. The candidates seeking admission under this category are required to satisfy the eligibility as mentioned above.
Salient features of the programs:
- program will be of 5 years duration.
- First two years of all Dual degree MSc programs shall be common.
- In 3rd year, electives be offered specific to the final degree.
- BSc-MSc students may be awarded BSc (Honours) degree, provided he/she has cleared all the courses offered upto 6th semester as per approved scheme. Such students shall be eligible for admission to the 2nd year (Lateral entry) of BE/BTech and MCA.
- Students will be eligible to appear in the entrance test for admission in first year (second semester) of BE/BTech through December test conducted by Thapar University, provided they satisfy the following eligibility conditions:
- Minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/ Computer Science /Biology/Biotechnology at 10+2 level.
- She/he should have appeared in the Entrance Test to be conducted by Thapar University. The cut-off marks in the Entrance test shall be 20% (15% for SC/ST).
- She/he should be a citizen of India.
- She/he should bear a good character and satisfy the prescribed requirements of the University.
- After completion of second year, some students may be allowed to opt any other science program (if vacancy exists).
- In the last two years specialized courses shall be taught along with the students of existing MSc programs.