Splendid performance by Thapar Students in Trinity College Dublin
Excellent performance of Thapar students at Trinity transferred under the scholarship program in 2015 to the third year undergraduate engineering program
We are pleased to inform that all of the advance group of eight Thapar students performed exceedingly well at the annual examinations held at Trinity in May 2016. Indeed four of them are in receipt of prizes.
1. Abhinav Garg is the recipient of ROBERT FRIEL MEMORIAL PRIZE. This prize is awarded annually to the best third year engineering student studying computer science and has a cash award of €500. Abhinav has scored an overall of 89% marks which is the highest score at Trinity during this year’s examinations.
2. Peru Bhardwaj will receive the STANFORD-SMITH PRIZE awarded annually in the third year of the Bachelor in Engineering course based on the annual examinations in that year. The prize is awarded to the student achieving the best examination results in the courses associated with Computer Science. The value of the prize is €500.
3. Shekhar Jain will also receive the STANFORD-SMITH PRIZE awarded annually in the third year of the Bachelor in Engineering course based on the annual examinations in that year. The prize is awarded to the student achieving the best examination results in the courses associated with Electronics Engineering. The value of the prize is €500.
4. Tushti Singla has scored an overall of 81% marks in the annual examination and is recipient of book prizes. She has been selected as the sole undergraduate intern at the Irish Centre for High-End Computing @ €1500 per month. She has been chosen by Trinity to serve as a Global Ambassador to Trinity College and Thapar University and is the only student to be featured in Trinity's Global Engagement Awards video. She is one amongst of a group of five students selected from Dublin for MasterCard Mentoring Programme.
5. Jaspreet Singh Brar has been hired by Arup Consultants for summer internship and is paid €320 per week.
The other students have also done very well and have scored first class with honors in the 3rd year results declared on June 20th.
Dean Contemporization & Accreditations