Last Updated: 18 November 2016
The student outcomes have been defined as per the ABET criteria listed out in the self-study questionnaire. Each of these outcomes has been broken down into different performance criterion. The student outcomes and the applicable performance criteria are listed as under.
The students of undergraduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering will have
A. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- A1. Applying engineering mathematics (calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, transforms etc.) to obtain analytical and numerical solutions.
- A2. Demonstrate knowledge of fundamentals, scientific and/or engineering principles.
- A3. Applying scientific and/or engineering principles towards solving engineering problems.
- A4. Applying statistical methods in analyzing data.
B. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- B1. Identifying the constraints, assumptions and models for the experiments.
- B2. Use appropriate equipment and techniques for data collection.
- B3. Analyze experimental data using appropriate tools and/or statistical tools.
- B4. Validate experimental results with respect to assumptions, constraints and theory.
C. an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- C1. Analyze needs to produce problem definition for electronics and communication systems.
- C2. Carries out design process to satisfy project requirement for electronics and communication systems
- C3. Can work within realistic constraints in realizing systems.
- C4. Can build prototypes that meet design specifications.
D. an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- D1. Shares responsibility and information schedule with others in team
- D2. Participates in the development and selection of ideas.
E. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- E1. Classifies information to identify engineering problems.
- E2. Develop appropriate models to formulate solutions.
- E3. Uses analytical, computational and/or experimental methods to obtain solutions.
F. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- F1. Evaluates ethical issues that may occur in professional practice using professional codes of ethics.
- F2. Interacts with industry, project sponsors, professional societies and/or communities in a professional manner.
G. an ability to communicate effectively.
- G1. Produce a variety of documents such as laboratory or project reports using appropriate formats and grammar with discipline specific conventions including citations.
- G2. Deliver well organized, logical oral presentation, including good explanations when questioned.
H. the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- H1. Aware of societal and global changes that engineering innovations may cause.
- H2. Examines economics tradeoffs in engineering systems.
- H3. Evaluates engineering solutions that consider environmental factors.
I. a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- I1. Able to use resources to learn new devices and systems, not taught in class.
- I2. Ability to list sources for continuing education opportunities.
- I3. Recognizes the need to accept personal responsibility for learning and of the importance of life long learning.
J. a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- J1. Describes the importance of contemporary issues.
- J2. Describes the impact of engineering decisions on energy resources/environment.
K. an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- K1. Able to operate engineering equipments
- K2. Able to program engineering devices.
- K3. Able to use electronic devices, circuits and systems modeling softwares for engineering applications
- K4. Able to analyze engineering problems using software tools